Monday, August 20, 2012

Love Those Bears

Can't help it, I'm a bear lover. So I had to have another one. This sweet cub is approx. 16 inches tall from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. His pattern comes with instructions to make both the flower and the bow. So make him in your favorite colors or match a baby's nursery for a sweet gift.

Favorite Teddy Bear is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn held together throughout. You will need to know basic crochet stitches (i.e., single crochet, double crochet) and how to crochet in the round.




Patterns are available now through the website, Ravelry, Etsy or Craftsy

4 comments:

  1. I am currently working on this bear, I have a question about the perfect placement of his eyes. I was wondering if you could give me the measurements, distance between them and is it one or two rounds above the light color? Thank you so much for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tawnya,

    I hope I can help. I no longer have one of those finished bears here, but I know that the eyes on the sample shown are inserted in the third round up from the muzzle/light color and are in the stitch right next to the half double crochets in the center of his face or 6 stitches are in the center between them. Hope this helps. Happy crocheting, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri please help me? I'm having a little trouble getting started on this bears body

    Thank you kindly
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny,

    I'm sorry you are having problems, I just sent over a email trying to explain the beginning stitches more clearly, but if you haven't worked in the round before you might not understand what I mean. There are some good You Tube videos that might help get you started. Once you can crochet in the round, it should make more sense. Please don't hesitate to write if you are still having problems.

    ReplyDelete